Dear valued Customers and Suppliers,
During these tough and unprecedented times we need to keep you our valued customers and suppliers up to date with the actions Portavin have and are implementing.
Yesterday, The Federal Minister for Agriculture, David Littleproud, confirmed with the Australian Grape & Wine (AGW) that the wine sector, along with all agricultural industries, has been classed as an Essential Service during the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring the continuation of all vineyard and winery operations.
At Portavin, in response to stopping the spread of Covid-19, protecting the health of our team members and their families and to enable Portavin to continue to operate as an essential food providing service is our priority.
Each Portavin site has split each division of the business – management, admin, cellar, bottling, laboratory, warehouse and maintenance – into two distinct groups working at separate times and in alternate physical spaces of the business and in some instances from home.
Should one of the team members test positive to Covid-19 then that individual’s team will be isolated and after thorough cleaning and sterilisation the alternate team will continue to operate in a limited capacity.
Current hygiene steps taking place are;
- Temperatures taken of each individual team member prior to entering the facility.
- Sanitiser used by team members consistently throughout the day.
- Masks and gloves readily available for team members.
- All surfaces (desks, computers, phones, door handles etc) are being sanitised regularly by the individual worker and a professional cleaning service each night.
- Morning and afternoon 6 hour shifts combined with 2 hours working from home ensure Management teams and Client services teams are separated at all times.
- All other departments in the 24 hour operations are separated by shifts ie bottling, warehouse, laboratory/quality, cellar and maintenance.
- Shift changeovers to occur by mobile phone or in the open air carpark with greater than 3 metres distance between individuals.
- On arrival truck drivers are to call the warehouse number – pull back curtains and then return to their truck cabin – a forklift driver will then attend to the loading or unloading.
We also apologise for the inconvenience it may cause but no longer are Customers, Service providers or Suppliers permitted to enter a Portavin facility unless authorised by myself or a State Manager.
At Portavin, we are taking the Virus threat extremely seriously and taking every precaution we can to provide a safe working environment for our team members whilst enabling us to continue to provide service for our valued customers.
We’ll be staying close to this situation as it develops and unfolds, so that we’re in the best position to continue supporting you.
Be safe. Stay healthy. And look after each other. See you all for a wine in the not too distant future.
General Manager – Portavin Integrated Wine Services