1 August 2016 -7 October 2016
- 12 -13 October: Wine to be delivered to Willow Creek Winery (Please mark delivery clearly “MPVA WINE SHOW”)
- 18 -19 October: Judging
- Thursday 20 October: Exhibitor’s Tasting & Presentation Lunch @ RACV Cape Schanck
(Please note this year each Provenance Class consists of three vintages, as in the above regulations)
How to Enter:
Tickets to the Presentation Lunch only are available to purchase online here.
The Lunch is being held at RACV Cape Schanck on Thursday 20 October 2016 from 12noon, following the Exhibitor’s Tasting (9am-12noon)
2015 Mornington Peninsula Provenance….
- Chardonnay Provenance Award – 2011 & 2014 Paringa Estate Chardonnay (runner-up 2010 & 2013 Willow Creek Vineyard Chardonnay) sponsored by Classic Oak Products
- Pinot Noir Provenance Award – 2010 & 2014 Montalto “Merricks Block” Pinot Noir (runner-up 2010 & 2014 Paringa Estate Pinot Noir) sponsored by Graphix labels
Current Vintage Awards
- Current Vintage Chardonnay – 2014 Foxeys Chardonnaysponsored by Tonnellerie de Mercurey
- Current Vintage Pinot Noir – 2014 Paringa Estate Pinot Noir sponsored by Saint Martin Australasia
- Chairman’s Selection (other Variety/vintage) – 2014 Merricks Estate Shiraz sponsored by Vintessential
MPVA WINE Show Presentation Lunch Visiting Chefs
This year we had two chefs working with the RACV Cape Schanck Chef (Andreas Koker) to create dishes to complement the wines and to provide regional food selections at the Presentation Lunch.
Both chefs may be new to some as they have both fairly recently taken on the Executive Chef positions at Montalto (Martin Webster) and Terminus, Flinders Hotel (Giuseppe Pisciotta). PLUS the wines served were the award winning wines from the Show.
Martin Webster – Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove – www.montalto.com.au
Martin Webster is head chef at the hatted Montalto restaurant. His food showcases estate, local, and seasonal produce, mixing classical European training with creative flair and “a head to tail mentality where nothing goes to waste”. Martin is passionate about kitchen gardens, and is often found wandering Wendy’s Garden sourcing produce for the day’s menu.
Giuseppe Pisciotta – Terminus, Flinders Hotel – www.flindershotel.com.au
Giuseppe was born in Southern Italy and served his apprenticeship in Italy, working at many well-known and highly regarded restaurants around Milan. After arriving in Australia in 2010 he continued to add some highly acclaimed restaurants to his resume. Giuseppe has been an integral part behind the success of Terminus at the Flinders Hotel and continues to challenge himself and the team with creative culinary flare.
The MPVA Wine Show is a regional wine show which aims to support excellence in the local wine industry. The objective is to show only Mornington Peninsula wines within a system which the Australian wine industry recognizes, and where we can ensure the integrity of the system within our region.
Local producers can receive realistic feedback from a panel of judges – a snapshot of the perceptions of wine can be useful to understand positioning of wine in the marketplace, for producers and consumers. The key regional potential is for all producers to engage within our region and to build on the strengths within – to encourage quality production and excellence on a consistent and high level – to be proud of these achievements.
The highlight will be the Provenance Awards, which will highlight regional excellence in quality and consistency over 2 vintages in Chardonnay and 2 vintages in Pinot Noir. This focuses on a winery’s consistent wine quality over a number of vintages and not just one exceptional wine.